There’s nothing better than sitting down to watch a new film or an old classic in the comfort of your own home. For those who don’t like the hustle and bustle and disruption that comes from going to the local multiplex, creating a cinema in your own home is the next best option. It’s something that many film fans are doing up and down the UK.
If you’ve spent a lot of time and effort creating the perfect cinema room, however, the last thing you want is too much light getting in and spoiling your viewing experience. Modern designs can be a little flimsy in that respect so installing specialist blackout blinds or curtains can make a big difference.
Choosing the Right Room
Of course, you’ll need a decent amount of space to create your home cinema and that means choosing the right room. Ideally, you don’t want one that shares a wall with a neighbour which would mean you have to keep the sound down. You want it to have the right acoustics and the space to sit everyone comfortably.
You’ll also want to make sure you don’t have light coming in where you don’t want it. Windows can not only disturb your viewing but they can also have an impact on sound distortion. That’s why looking closely at the blinds you use is important.
5 Reasons to Install Blackout Blinds
- First, they help give your home cinema that real multiplex feel – you’re locked out from the rest of the world and all that’s in front of you is the viewing screen.
- They’re great at keeping the sound in and can help you control the acoustics. If you have a good surround system it should be improved by the right curtains or blinds for your cinema room.
- They really block out all the light from outside. This is not only important during the day, it can work as a big relief at night, especially if you have bright LED lights outside on the street.
- They keep the warmth in because they are thicker than normal curtains, that means you often don’t need to have the heating on full during the winter.
- You won’t get distracted from all that’s going on outside and can really focus on watching your film in peace and comfort.
At John Deegan we have a couple of great solutions for those customers who want to create a brilliant home cinema. The first is the electronic blackout blind that can be raised or lowered at the touch of a button. These are a great solution for those who want a modern style of blind which is simple to use and easy to maintain. The other option is to go for some luxury blackout curtains that can really deliver that cinema feel and look absolutely amazing.
More and more people with space in their home are looking to turn a room into a dedicated cinema. With all the great movies out nowadays, you want to enjoy that experience as much as possible and it’s a great place for all the family to get together. If you want to add the right finishing touches, picking best quality blackout blinds or curtains is a must for movie fanatics.
Contact our curtain and blind team today, to find out more.