The good news is that we’re becoming a lot more adventurous when it comes to window decor. If you are trying to move away from those traditional curtains, considering shutter blinds may well be a great alternative that has everything you are looking for.
Shutters are slightly different from traditional blinds in that they fit the frame of the window and therefore have a sturdier base. While very popular around Europe for many years, we’re now seeing them a lot more in UK homes because of their elegance and style.
If you’ve been thinking about installing shutter blinds, here’s our quick outline of the benefits:
- There’s a timeless quality about shutters that actually make them suitable for a wider range of homes and rooms. Whether it’s a bedroom, kitchen or living room, you can fit a shutter to almost any space.
- That versatility is something which first attracts buyers and homeowners. If you have an usual space, for example, a shutter blind can be tailored to fit it. While off the shelf traditional venetian blinds are suitable for many areas, they aren’t tailored to fit in the way that shutters are.
- There are a range of styles to choose from, all of which bring a good deal of elegance to any room. They’re ideal for areas like bay windows and you can choose from café style to tier on tier as well as full height shutters.
- It’s not all about chic elegance, however. Shutter style blinds are great at regulating the temperature and the amount of light in your home. That extra layer of insulation is designed to keep you warm during the winter and cool during the summer months.
- If you live on a relatively noisy street as well, that extra layer can reduce the amount of street sound you have to contend with.
For those looking for a durable and long lasting installation, shutter blinds are a perfect choice. Not only do they add value to your home but they’re relatively easy to maintain. Curtains can fray and lose their colour and need to be replaced, you won’t have the same problem with your shutter blinds.
Things To Consider Before Installing Shutter Blinds
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to dressing your window areas. The room and its size is important, as well as what it’s used for. You might want a different effect in your living or dining room compared to a bathroom or bedroom, for instance. Not all windows are square or rectangular either. There are bay windows where the shape can be tricky for traditional blinds, round windows, triangular ones, even diamond shaped ones.
There’s not doubt that shutter blinds look really good in odd shaped windows and they’re well worth investigating if you want something different. If you are not sure that this is the right product for your window area, however, it’s always good to get some solid, professional advice.
At John Deegan, we’ve got over 30 years’ experience in the window shading business, including installing stylish shutter blinds. Our experts will be able to discuss all the options available so that you can make the best choice for your home. Contact us today to find out more.